DID YOU KNOW: Per OSHA HO/A there are some agricultural jobs are particularly hazardous to youth that under the age of 16, including:
- Operate a tractor over 20 PTO (power-take-off) HO/A #1. This youth is also prohibited from connecting or disconnecting implements or parts to this type of tractor.
- Operating or assisting to operate certain machinery
- Working on a farm in a yard, pen or stall occupied by a bull, boar and other animals
- Timber with a butt diameter more than 6 inches
- Working from a ladder or scaffold over 20 feet
- Working inside an oxygen deficient environment or toxic atmosphere
- Category I or Category II toxic labeled substances
- Handling / using blasting agents
- Transporting / using anhydrous ammonia
View the full section here.